Wednesday, November 7, 2007

And still it goes on

Bad headache today and my head is still really sensitive.

The freezing cold feeling is less prominent. It's manageable anyway.

The doctor's office just called and told me that my blood tests came out COMPLETELY normal. CBC shows no sign of infection and thyroid tests are not even close to questionable. Interesting. I'm glad I'm not sick, but in a way I was kind of hoping for a physiological explanation for the withdrawal symptoms that I've been feeling. The doc's office had no recommendations for relief. I guess my brain just has to fight through this chemical change.

How long has this been going on now? Sheesh. As I was weaning, the withdrawal symptoms would last about 3-4 days then go away. I figured that dropping the last 2.5 mgs wouldn't be such a big deal. NOT! This tells me that the smallest dose of Lexapro can make a significant chemical change in your brain.

5 comments:

Cait said...

i'm so glad you did this blog because i'm going through this right now and its driving me crazy. i wasn't planning on commenting but when i saw your blog post that stated "i never thought that dropping the last 2.5 mg would be a big deal" - i was like omg that is me... i just stopped last week on Thursday and I feel waves of dizziness constantly every few minutes and i feel like i am drunk. this does not work well at work. so i'm trying to push through but i just am wondering how long this lasts. right now it feels like forever. i hope it goes away soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello Cait,
I'm going through the same, wondering how you are now? Did it get better?

Mike said...

I've been off 2.5 for about 2 months after being on 10 for 5+. I've been geting tension headaches that are not awful, but are annoying just the same. I'm also getting some eye twitching which is rather disconcerting. The stomach issues during the cut down seem to have improved. This is such a drag. I'm sick of it!

Anonymous said...

Stupidly, I quit cold turkey in April 2010 after being on 10 for just over a year. I thought I was going to go crazy. I did not have as many physical symptoms but did suffer from fits of rage.

Today, nearly two years later I find out that I have hypothyroidism. Thanks Lexapro. No wonder I am fat! and tired!

Despite the hypothyroidism I have lost 16 pounds in the last three weeks on a weight loss program at a local hospital. My doctor (The one that gave me the Lexapro) oversees the program. I have read a lot about folks who take or took Lexapro having a lot of difficulty losing weight that was gained while on the drug (I gained 30+ mostly in a three month period of time after the doctor increased my dose)...hopefully I can keep this up until I get it all back off!

Anonymous said...

It's funny, my reason for commenting is the same as Cait's! I just took my last dose (2.5mg) nearly a week ago and am just today starting to feel like I got hit real hard! I went from 40 to 35 about two years ago, then 35 to 30, 30 to 20 several months ago, 20 to 10, 10 to 5, 5 to 2.5 and now finally none! I'm happy about it, but it sucks that the symptoms haven't subsided as quickly as the other transitions!