Thursday, November 1, 2007

Wow, does this ever suck.

Last night I was trying to think of a way to describe the way I was feeling and it finally hit me. I feel like I have a raging fever. My eyes and ears are really sensitive, my head has the fuzzy buzzy feeling, it feels strange to move my eyes, my neck is stiff and sore, and I can't get warm to save my life. I convinced myself last night that instead of going through withdrawal symptoms, I might actually be fighting off an infection. Yet, I don't have a fever. Not at the moment anyway. If anything, my temperature is low. It was 97 degrees last night, but I was using an old digital thermometer that I don't trust. Right now I'm at 98.2 on the "real" thermometer, after drinking coffee.

I just read that lexapro withdrawal can cause hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism shows itself as hypersensitivity to cold and neck stiffness (among other things). I think it might be worth going to the doctor today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.