Monday, October 29, 2007

I'M OFF!

I took my last dose of Lexapro on October 24.

Since then, I've had some fairly uncomfortable sensations in my head: Sort of like my brain is oversensitive. Like being dizzy without the spinning... being lightheaded without fainting. It is worsened by eye movements. Sort of the way you feel at that instant that the lights come on unexpectedly in a dark room. But this doesn't just last that one instant. It's freaky. Sort of like a lit fuse... constantly fizzing but never making it to the bomb (thank goodness for that). I think that it is akin to the well-known "brain zaps" experienced by people who withdraw too fast. I experienced full-blown zaps the first time I tried to stop taking Lexapro, and they are horrible. Like your brain is getting tasered or something. They knock your socks off. I think that this is a milder version of zaps. Like one big, long, sustained, yet sort of mild zap. Seems that it happens to other people too. Especially with eye movements.

Have I mentioned how scary Lexapro is?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

6 comments:

Robin said...

That's exactly what I'm feeling right now. Like a skipping or buzzing whenever I move my eyes left or right. Thank you for your description, I couldn't put it into words.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks so much. That's exactly how I feel. I thought there was something seriously wrong w me. I couldn't describe it, I thought I had a weird ear infection or something. My brain is literally jolting every few minutes. "shocks" spread down my arms. Definitely worse with abrupt head or eye movements. I am dizzy but nothing is spinning. More like my head is really fuzzy.

Anonymous said...

I'm having these exact symptoms, i actually stumbled onto this site after typing in "receiving sensations in head with head and eye movements." I saw this come up through the search and realized I hadn't been taking my lexapro consistently lately. Thank you for your post it's exactly what has been happening to me

Anonymous said...

I went from 40mg for 8 yrs to now 5 mg a day for at least four days, decreasing very slowly. Needless to say i think i am loosing it, but your blog has made me chuckle as i suffer in the wee hours of the morning. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you! You have described this insane feeling to a T. The dizziness without the spinning and the eye weirdness. I feel so much better just knowing where the symptoms are coming from!!

Anonymous said...

Could not have found this at a better time!!!! The withdraw symptoms are in full swing and complete torture.....but I'm reading these posts and am eased to know that I am not alone. Thank you.